Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Time for a New Year

Here's my New Year page!  I agreed to do the ATG Challenge over at scrapbook.com with my friend Pat, who is the host.  For the first week's challenge was the year of the ox.  The specs were:

1. A "Hello 2021" photograph
2. It's the Chinese year of the OX, so use an X and an O somewhere on your project
3. Let's also use a piece of "cow color brown" paper - solid or patterned doesn't matter. (Any color brown cow will work - swiss, herford, etc...)
4. It's also a METAL Ox year, so your feature embellishment must have a metal "look." It doesn't have to BE metal - metallic paint would be acceptable.

So my photo is the first one I took on New Year's Day 2021.  I was trying to brag to my cousin that it was a beautiful sunny day, with the sun shining through my backyard and the visibility of my mountains just beyond the tree.

I am in the desert so I used Prima's Golden Desert collection.  The chipboard is Creative Embellishments' succulents.
There is my o and x...saying xoxo 2020.
The title came from Tim Holtz stickers, layered on papers.

I cross stitched by hand, used some lace and cardboard.  The papers and big clock are all cow brown colors.
These die cut gears came from my friend Dria and they just so happen to be cut out of metallic paper. :)
The small brown die cut clock was from Pat :)  I also have a metal TH clock, I painted to make it look more like rose gold than brown.

Also from Dria :)

 I ended up selling this page :)

1 comment:

  1. Lots of lovely ephemera! Hope your new year started out to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete