Hello friends! Again, I know I am taking forever to create...but little by little I try. So here is the page that took me about 2 weeks to finish. I used Scraps of Elegance products to make this page, following the Dusty Attic May sketch that I flipped around. Those children in the photo are my aunt and uncle (my mom's siblings) in the late 1920s, I believe. Sadly, I never had a chance to meet them, they passed away before I was born.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Friday, May 11, 2012
Following the last page I made, that was super BOYISH, I went to the opposite side of my creative mind and pulled a super GIRLIE page out of my head. I used a mix of items from Scraps of Elegance to make this page of my pretty little Angel. Isn't she so sweet, with that pink bow on her head? And yes, I did the photo editing, softening up the photo, adding a splash of color after making it all black & white! Feb 2012
I received a very nice RAK from Girlie Grunge, and used quite a few of those things on my page, such as the corner bling, chipboard flourishes, the jean words and the GG symbol.
At first I stamped the flourish with white script. But the wood color was throwing the page off, so painted over it with Lindy's Magicals (Pink). It shimmerz quite nicely. The cardboard under the photo, was first painted with a mix of white gesso and clear molding paste, then sprinkled with some clear loose glitter. It stuck very nicely. Then I added some lace to the bottom.
Monday, May 7, 2012
It has been awhile since I have posted anything, I feel like I have lost connection or something lol. This page was simple, but it took me forever to get it going. I used some of the TH Lost and Found papers, cutting them up and putting them on top of cardboard, that I painted with black and white gesso. I used some Scrapmatts chipboard gears and a large Dusty Attic cog. I used hemp twine around the page to frame it all. Andrew got his hair cut with a star design...something a little different and cool. I used Photobucket to edit the photo myself. April 2012.
For my gears/cog I painted them with white gesso (here and there, not covering the whole area), then used some Lindy's stamp dabber (Golden Lump o'Coal) to darken it up. I used some Crackle Accents to gloss it over a bit. Once it was dry, I dabbed again with Lindy's dabber, to show off the cracks.The title is a rub on, I put on the photo.