Friday, March 25, 2011

1 Unlucky Fella ~ Scraps of Darkness

I went back to my older Simply Steam punk kit for this page. I have been waiting for the right oppertunity to scrap this photo, since it has such a tragic history. I made this for 2 challenges. One is the Steam Punk Challenge at http://www.scrapbook.com/, with the theme of luck. Instead of going with good luck I went in the other direction. The other challenge is for Punky Scraps.
The challenge there is to use 3/5 ingredients. Well I guess I went over board and ended up using all of them lol. Distressing, black/white photo, flowers, sparkle and misting.
This is my great grandfather. Journal: This photo was taken during 1925, the same year Ziba was hijacked, robbed and shot to death on July 4th.

I found the oldest penny I have and it is dated 1919, so I figured this could have been in his pocket at the time of robbery. I used some parts that came from a VHS machine and cut outs.





I was going for an old newspaper look, but ran out of pp for the job. But I already drew my sketch and continued with my design anyway.

9 comments:

  1. WOW, awesome layout! Love the layers and the flowers are beautiful!

    Sorry about your great grandfather, love the photo. You are lucky to have one! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is fabulous! Poor guy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad story about your great grandfather. I love the page you created in his memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout!! You are lucky to have pictures of your great grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the embellishment selection and arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh love all the steampunk goodies! So glad to have you join in the challenge at Punky Scraps! =) Tiffany DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool layout - love the splashes of colour :) thanks for playing at punky scraps! xox

    ReplyDelete