Thursday, January 5, 2012

Scraps of Darkness & Sketches: Creatively Yours ~ Gateway to Love

Here is the first sketch of the new year 1-12 from Sketches: Creatively Yours.  This was hand drawn by Alison MacDonald, isn't it gorgeous?  So I wanted to keep that in mind and show off the beauty she drew in my own creation.

 Using the gorgeous, December "Winter's Eve" kit from Scraps of Darkness, I created this romantic page of my husband and I.  I like how the area of the sketch for the photo had those curved lines, so I used the Kaisercraft gates (main kit) to "hug" the photo.  The corner flourish and scalloped border is the Prima resistant canvas (color add-on) all misted up.  I managed to squeeze in some Prima packaging on the photo and under the gate.  My dh and I were at our local animal park, standing in front of a bolder in Nov 2011.
 The small Prima roses (Floura & Fauna add-on) were used within the flourish to make it pop! 
I used the Basic Grey metal flowers (main kit) as door handles on the gates.

4 comments: