Friday, March 9, 2012

Scraps of Darkness & Punky Scraps ~ Only Time

This is Challenge 43 over at Punky Scraps.  How does this shoe inspire you?  The colors, skulls, flowers or the shoe itself?

For me, it was the shoe and the flowers.  It brought out a romantic side,  rather than the punky side of me, so I went with it.  I specifically did a photo shoot of my dh and I on our 2nd Anniversary of 8 years (we got married on Feb 29th), focusing on our shoes for this challenge.  Photo taken on Feb 29, 2012.  I used the February "Victoriana" kit from Scraps of Darkness to make this romantic page.  I used a lot of Prima's Printery papers, some Prima flowers and canvas butterflies.  The old lace screen print is by Hambly.

I did some fussy cutting, layers, distressing, misting, masking and inking.  Trying to show off some steampunk elements as well.  The pin is by Craftysprinkles (Romance add-on).

 Those vintage gems are brads.  The scallops are part of a die cut by Kaisercraft.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool that you got married on February 29th! Love the layout and the shoes. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love that you have a pic of your legs and feet! Such an elegant and classy page!

    ReplyDelete