Friday, July 8, 2011

Torn ~ Scraps of Darkness

I made this page for Lisa's Skeleton's in Your Closet Challenge over at Scraps of Darkness.  We had to use the song, "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls as our inspiration.  I stuck with using one verse inparticular, since it fits along with some things going on in my life, with my family right now.   I have a lot of hurt, anger and sadness built up, so I hope this shows my feelings? 

I used mod podge to hold the black creepy cloth I put on top of the canvas, that I painted with black gesso and sprayed with Smooch.   I used a few things from different kits, and the rest came from my stash.             
I tore the bleeding heart image, stapled it, put a clasp on top and wrapped it in chains to represent a heavy and torn up heart.
I wanted to use zippers to show that I am still silent about the hurt and trying to hide it, otherwise I would no longer have a relationship with some of my family members. 

Here is the verse I used from the song.

8 comments:

  1. I really appreciate the artistry of this piece, Cheryl. Bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent Cher! That background is amazing! The song verse you selected fits perfectly with your emotions on this layout. Amazing art work. (Big hugs) for what you are going through with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cher, this is too groovy!!!!! Really incredible work and design, a true piece of art!!!!! Have a good one my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl! I can't even tell you how much I absolutely LOVE this page! I agree with Karen, it is a true work of art!!!!! So cool, awesome, and totally amazing! I love your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cheryl! You know I have been one of your biggest fans since I've started scrapping but this is just over the top amazing even for you who is always creating awesomeness!...did that make since at all?? Anyway..this may be a fave of faves for me...you can tell there was a lot of passion poured into this and my heart goes out to you for what you are dealing with in your family! Sometimes they can be so hurtful and insensitive, and think they are owed everything...well in my experience with a couple of members anyway! :) Keep your head up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... amazing! This looks like you poured your heart and soul into this one... I can feel it! It is beautiful but also sad... just an amazing piece of work. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page - I hope your creativity helps you work through your issues - you create beautiful works of art!
    (P.S. - would love to see a tutorial on your background ;)

    ReplyDelete