Friday, September 2, 2011

Mr Sandman ~ Scraps of Darkness & Sketches: Creatively Yours

It is reveal day over at Sketches: Creatively Yours again.  And today we have a special sketch for you.  This awesome sketch (15-11) was designed by our, senior designer, Ann Seleshanko.  Please stop by our blog to see all the eye candy by the rest of the DT.  We are also on Facebook
This here is my take on Ann's sketch.  Seeing those side strips, gave me the idea to use a DA chain.  Therefore, I went back to an older Scraps of Darkness kit for this masculine design to complete the look.  This is my dh in April 2011, he was very tired from working  his graveyard shift and ready for some sleep.
Those cogs are also DA.  I used some staples for a metal touch and also a few eyelets.  I added some scrap strips to bring more attention for detail.

I tried treating the DA chain and the cardboard, both with a ton of distressing techniques to make them look worn and rusty.  I added some punched holes with reinforcers for more distress.

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous masculine page! The cogs add a perfect touch...I also like the textures you gave the corrugated cardboard...fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this manly "man" page, Cheryl!! Very cool textures and grunge...and that DA chain link turned out AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO -- I love all the details! I keep finding more interesting things every time I look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl! This is so amazing! I love all of your gorgeous distressing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete