Friday, October 28, 2011

Scraps of Darkness & Sketches: Creatively Yours ~ Love's Triangle

Here is a new sketch (20-11) by Alison MacDonald from Sketches: Creatively Yours.  I saw this sketch as a triangle with the way the photos are drawn up.  So I got creative and flipped some things around.  I hope you come by our blog and see what the rest of the DT has made.  We are on Facebook too!!!

Keeping the triangle in mind, I came up with this dark romantic theme using the characters from Red Riding Hood.  Of course no other kit would work as perfectly as the All Hallows Eve, October, kit from Scraps of Darkness to create the look I achieved here.  I loved how these images were made to be placed in this triangle.  Inside the heart I used a scallop dot punch, showing off the scallops from the top of the sketch.  The Prima vine (Romance add on) is there as the strip that was at the bottom of the sketch.  I used a Kasiercraft 13th Hour Acetate clock (main kit) in place of the journal.

I colored the flowers and lace using some Smooch and alcohol ink.  This lacing technique is Kay.Lori's spider  lacing.
Those Kasiercraft rhinestones (main kit) were orange, and I used a black Sharpie to make them dark.  The frame on this image is a Pink Paislee Phantom clear frame (main kit).

1 comment:

  1. This must be the most creative interpretation of the sketch! I love how all the elements are in your LO! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete