Thursday, February 23, 2012

Scraps of Darkness & Sketches: Creatively Yours ~ Seaside Holidays

Here is an amazing fun sketch (6-12) from Sketches: Creatively Yours.  Alison MacDonald drew this summery dream.  Please join us over at the S:CY blog!!!
  I would like you to know this will be last page as a DT member for S:CY.   My term is over and it has been so much fun, but it is time for a break!!!  Thank you for your support!
 Here is what I created using the sketch with my January "Escape" kit from Scraps of Darkness.  I saw Ali's sketch that looked like a boat around some waves, so I hunted for this photo of me and my parents in Cape Cod's Long Pond in 1994.  I figured this photo and kit were perfect for the sketch. 
 The fish came from the Pink Paislee Nantucket papers.  The seaweed and starfish are also from that line.  I added some Prima bling as bubbles.  I used the rest of the netting all bunched at the bottom for some texture.
Those shells are all stickers from my stash.  I used a few journal cards which are Authentique Harmony tabloids.

5 comments:

  1. Another awesome LO! It's been great being your teammate on the SCY DT. Take care & good luck with your new endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the amazing textures here....and all the fun cute details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great kit! So many cool papers to work with! I love what you did with this page- the fussy cutting is fantastic and so is the layering and over all design!

    ReplyDelete