Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Silent Night

 It's Christmas time already...so I wanted to make a nice Christmas page of 2 of my dogs from many Christmases ago. This photo is of K-Oz and Angel in December 2011. This is my entry for the December Scrap your Pet Challenge over at Scrapbook.com.

The papers and flower on this page came from old Scraps of Darkness kits.   
 The twist for this month was to use chipboard.  I used an arched window frame by Dusty Attic.  I covered it in glitter trying to make the window look like it is covered by frosty snow so you are looking from the outside in at these sweet pups sleeping, waiting for Santa to come.
 I found this reindeer at Michael's in the floral department, all I did was cut off the stick it was attached to.
 Around the border  of the layout I made some peek-a-boos, showing off some white lace, by pulling back the paper after wetting it with a spray bottle.  
 This sprig came from part of a decoration that fell off.  I put it on top of some sliver leaves and added some pinecones that came from Michael's floral section.
 Prima flower.
 I hand stitched around the whole page, as well as next to the photo.  I drew some lines using a pencil, then poked holes with a needle following the lines then stitched away with thread.
The snowflakes are wooden pieces from Michael's.  I used a border punch on some of my layers behind the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment