Monday, February 26, 2018

12


This is sketch #3 over at Scrapbook.com for the February Monthly Sketch Challenge.  I know that it is pretty different, but it became more of my own personal version, especially with only one photo instead of 3 and flipping the sketch around.  But I tried using clusters of embellies as placements for the photos, journaling and flowers. I also made this for the February Foodie Challenge. The twist was stamping, which I used behind the title and also on the date of the journaling. Andrew and I were at Applebee's on Jan 10, 2017 to celebrate his 12th birthday.  We were waiting on his Hot Wings and my chicken dinner.  I normally try not to combine challenges together, but my creative juices ended up bringing them together anyway.
 I used triangles for the first time in the background. Stitching all Tim Holtz papers together like a quilt. I was attempting to make this page for the Not to be Squared challenge as well, but ended up with lots of rectangles when I was finished, so I felt like it wasn't a good enough entry.  Maybe another time...
 The stitch work took a very long time, but think it was worth the effort.  I will try something like this again.  The gears were charms from amazon.  The @ paperclip was from the Dollar Tree.  I glued some Tim Holtz die cuts to his film strip.  The stamps were also from Tim Holtz's grunge collection, that I layered on.  Some of my glimmer mists don't spray anymore, so I opened one up and let it drip over the layout for a messy grungy outcome.
 Most of the buttons were from Andrew's findings at school.  He collects items that he thinks I can use on my pages, which is just another reason why I love this kid to death.
 I penciled in the bubbles on the test paper for fun.  The leather strip of Almost Famous came from an old pair of jeans.  The rest of the die cuts are from Tim Holtz.  The guitar charm is from my old stash.
 This photo film strip was from Recollections.
 I used a needle to make holes to create a template to follow for the stitch work before adding thread.
The zipper is from Andrew's findings as well.  The cog chipboard is from Dusty Attic.  I used molding paste for texture then used different distress inks for the color.

Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment