Monday, March 5, 2018

Mickey & Me

 Hi everyone!  I am hosting a challenge for this month of March called Childhood Challenge over at scrapbook.com.  For this challenge there are 3 different options to choose from to scrap and play along.  You can do 1 or all 3 if you'd like, so you have up to 3 chances to win a small RAK from me.  The winner will be chosen at the end of the month by random.org.  So get to scrapppin'!

Option 1: is to share/scrap an important memory of your childhood. Some examples/ideas would be: some of your firsts like your first steps, the first time you swam, first day of school, when you rode a bike without training wheels, etc. How about a day you moved to a new house? A favorite toy that went everywhere with you? First boyfriend/girlfriend? Etc. Pair up the memory with a photo of you as a child.

Option 2: is to scrap/document about the year and month you were born. Example: who was the president, how much was gas, where were you born, what sort of music groups were popular? Etc.

Option 3: is to create/make a family tree: Go as far back as you can. Use photos of you and your family members or you can list their names with their relationship to you or do both.

OPTIONAL TWIST (for fun): PUNCHING

My layout is based on option 1 with the twist.
The photo was taken in 1983 during my first visit to Disneyland.  Disney played an important role in my life because I loved all the movies and tv shows...and I have always wished to live in my own fairytale with my own Prince Charming (which I am still waiting to meet him lol).
 The lacing technique I used is called Diamond lacing.  (Let me know if you would like a tutorial on how to do it).
 I got these handmade flowers as a gift.
 The film strip was made from a new punch I got from eBay.  The graph pp and red striped pp were from eBay as well.  I had the Disney Mickey Mouse paper in my stash. The wooden alpha chipboards were from my stash.
 This mouse ear die cut hat was also a gift.  I added the flower and darkened the yellow border with vintage photo ink.
This tag came with the mouse ears hat.  I also darkened the bright yellow to this tag.

Hope to see you at the Childhood challenge.

1 comment: