Monday, March 19, 2018

Addy

 This is an amazing first sketch for the March Monthly Sketch Challenge over at Scrapbook.com.
 My take on the sketch was based on this adorable photo of my great niece, Addyson, when she turned 1 (now she is already 5)..  I flipped around the strips of paper to be vertical.  The film strip made it to my page, I just added her name to it for the title.  I hand stitched the circle.  The paper is Melissa Frances True collection.
I forgot how much fun it is to cut an old pair of jeans into pieces and frayed up a bit to use on a project which I have used recently.  Here, I made layers with jeans, tulle. string of pearls, corrugated cardboard and punched notebook paper.
This large gem button came from the jeans I cut apart.  The birdie art tile is Prima.
I just got these sprigs of pearls from Michaels and was very happy with them.  I kept the film strip from the sketch on to this page.  I added my great niece's name out of chipboard, painted with white gesso and sprinkled with glitter.  I did the same thing with the hearts, but added some pink paint on the outer part so they can pop out from the light background.

This Dusty Attic chipboard was painted with white gesso, had a string of pearls to "hang" from and added crystal beads to dress it up.
The pink posy is from Kasiercraft.

Thank you so much for letting me sharing this page with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment