Wednesday, March 21, 2018

You Are Such a Joy

 How I love to show off this page of my beautiful niece, Janelle, with her adorable daughter, my great niece, Addyson.  This photo was taken in January 2014 on Addyson's first birthday.  The theme was Minnie Mouse.
I made this layout for the March Leftovers Challenge at Scrapbook.com.  This challenge is not an easy one.  You cannot use anything new, event the background.  So all papers must have been partly used before and all embellishments must have come from packages that have been opened and used.  I had another design in mind, but the used papers weren't allowing me to go in that direction, so I just did what the papers told me to.  I am very pleased with the result, even after the torcher of not being able to use some other items that were still new.  It felt good to be able to say that I finished up 4 different items.
 I added a couple Minnie Mouse buttons to match her theme.  I border punched some black cardstock and added it to the sides of the paper in the middle of the page.  It really gave it a WOW factor.
 I sewed on the Prima tassel.
 I grunged up the page with some torn papers and torn cardboard.  I used decoratived scissors around the photo mat.  After rolling the paper back from the "V" I cut out of the middle of the page, I added lace on the rolls.  The black pearls around the middle paper dressed it up.
I also plan to enter this in the March Journaling Challenge as well.  I wrote a poem on a journal card which fits into Category 3.  And the card tucks in behind the photo and can be pulled out by the chipboard butterfly.

  It says:
Dedicated to My Great Niece.
Happy Birthday Addyson
You are finally turning one!
No more "Mommy feed me!"
The fun has just begun.
Soon you will be running,
climbing and jumping everywhere.
And Mommy and Daddy will be
pulling out their hair!
But always remember, when the
puinshments do come,
No matter what happens,
You are LOVED Little One.
Love, Auntie Cher Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment