Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Steampunk Kid

 Here is my take on Angelica's Live Free page over at Scrapbook.com for the Scraplift Your Favorites March Challenge and also for the March Mixed Media Challenge.  I have been dying to use those hot air balloons on a steampunk page for awhile now and got inspired to do so when I saw Angelica's page in my favorite gallery.  I used more of her theme and the idea behind making the page more than I did with actually lifting it.  This is Andrew at Knott's Berry Farm in October 2012, I saw that brick wall and had to get a pick of him in front of it.  I know...typical weird mom over here.  LOL!
 Those gear/cog and clock charms were from Amazon.  I found a few cool items in the garge to add to the page as well, such as the spring, washer and fuse.  The cool looking compass is a steampunk image I cut out.
 This was my first attempt as double punching around the border by layers.  I also made them croaked on purpose.  Then I hand stitched at the bottom of the punch work.  This one also got a stamp.  The green (twist)/black hot air balloons are from the Graphic 45 Steampunk line.  The brick work in the background came from a Prima mask that I painted over with white gesso.  After that dried I sprayed glimmer mists over it.  I used green (twist), gray and blue, letting each color dry before applying the next.
 I also used glimmer mists on the Dusty Attic bricks.
I cut a couple small strips of zipper to use on this peek a boo.  Then added this Steampunk hot air balloon image inside of it.

Thanks for letting me share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment