Thursday, March 8, 2018

Etched in Our Memories (for sale on Etsy)

 So this page was made for the March Scraplift the Person Before You Challenge over at Scrapbook.com.  I had the pleasure of lifting a page by SusanneG.  I chose to lift her page called Sisters.  I took the bones of her design and followed that into my own creation/version.  I also kept the vintage part/feeling of her page and used it on mine.  This photo is over 100 years old.  I have no idea who she is or how she came to be in my my dad's 2nd wife's possession, but loved everything about this photo. 
 I made this layout to sell in my Etsy shop.  So that is why the photo is not glued down...I just used the picture as an example.

 I used quite a few wooden chipboard pieces around the page that I used Glimmer Mists on.
 There are 3 resistive canvas pieces throughout the page.
 I used 2 layers of lace with twine and a string of black pearls.
 I hand stitched the random cross stitches around the page.
 I rarely use decorative scissors, but finally put a pair to use on the photo mat.
 This cameo was glued on top of Dusty Attic's cameo chipboard for more added intricate detail.
 There are 2 vintage buttons on the page, both with pearl tops.
This is a vintage brooch from my stash I inherited from my SIL.

1 comment: