Sunday, May 31, 2020

2 the Moon & Back

 My now 18 yo daughter Gisselle (lazygirl-scraps)
(has stepped into the dark side with me and is a scrapper now (only took 18 years of begging and bribing hahaha)!!!  YAY!  She is really super good too (but of course she has an amazing teacher lol).  We challenged each other to a challenge where we both had the same materials, photo, and had to incorporate certain things on our page.  We had to use 5 or more flowers, make our own moon, use one of our journal cards, a fairy, dream catcher, tulle and that sparkly moon button.
It was fun but actually pretty hard.  I kept wanting to change the rules and even got my way with a couple of things lol ;)  But then I had to allow her to do the same.  I can't remember everything I added but I am sure if you ask her she will sure remember lol.  I know she was allowed to use another photo, but I kept the original one.  So I win! j/k ;) bahahaha.  
This is the page I am selling.

This is Cali at 6 months in 2013 during another photo shoot I did of her.
 I used Prima's Moon child, DCWV Starlight and 49 & Market.
 I made my own moon stencil to cradle the photo.  The moon charm dangling there is supposed to look like a mobile.  I split the page with "night and day" sides.
 I hand stitched around the page.  The feathers soften things up and makes everything more dreamy.  The purple flower is 49&M.  The two on either side are Prima.  The rhinestone sprig is from Hobby Lobby in the wedding section.
 The tulle is peeking out of the areas I pulled the paper back by scrunching the paper together.  I also added some lace for another layer.  I added a silver ribbon  around each scrunch and used stars on the top.
 This silver moon is the button I mentioned that we got at Walmart.  The title is from the Prima Love Clippings journal cards.  I made it into a circle, adding silver glitter paint to make it glow.  The flow of each moon next to one anther on this design kind of looks like the different phases of the moon.
 I ordered the fairy and dream catcher from ebay.  I added the glitter and rhinestones.  The heart design punched around the border left tiny confetti hearts behind so I used them as fairy dust coming from her holding the star.
 This page is very thick with lots of 3D layers. I recycled used cardboard to make everything pop.


 This is for Sale :)












No comments:

Post a Comment