Sunday, May 31, 2020

Never Stop Exploring

 When I got my DCWV Zodiac paper and saw this moon, I immediately saw Christian Reese Lassen's work in my mind. I also knew I wanted to use this photo of Jasmine at the Caribbean in 2018 with it. Of course I could have used a sun setting into the water, but that isn't as fun and cool as it being the moon instead.  Why not make it out of this world, whimsical and totally different.  I went digging into some of my old calendars to find one of his I kept just for scrapping.  It was from 2003.  I cut most of all this marine life from it.  The coral and planets were printed off the internet.
This is the copy I am selling.
Jasmine in El Salvador 2018.
 I love googly eyes, they are so cute and whaky so whatever fish was big enough he got them haha.
 My friend Dria suggested to make some rocks coming out of the photo.  It was a brilliant idea, so I came up with using torn cardboard, painted them, added some silverish highlights with some sort of powder I have, then I thought of adding moss.  So I found my flower soft and glued some on.  They turned out pretty realistic I think.  She also told me where and what Prills are so I bought 13 lol.  I used the granite ones around the rocks at the end.  And to make sure they don't come off, I covered them in mod podge.
 My friend Dria is a genius!  Her next suggestion was to make my own seaweed.  I don't have any die cuts to make them but she told me I could just cut some out with scalloped scissors.  So I did that and didn't stop there.  I went through all of my punches and thought the rope would work and I sort of accidentally made what you see here in blue and orange.  I tried to twine them up and add dimension with inking.  Some sequins ended up on them and prills and shells were also added.
 I painted the outside of the moon with silver glitter paint.  This page is extremely 3 dimensional.  Everything on this page has it's own "pop".  The paint coming off the photo was also something Dria suggested and she introduced me to Cosmic Shimmer products.  The gold paint is one of them.  The orange glow was from a mist.
 This star is from Creative Embellishments.  I used the silver glitter paint and added the Cosmic Shimmer gold Lustre Poish. The green planet had some moons on it that looked more like warts so I covered them with a pearl and rhinestone.
 Here is an idea of all the layers.
 The blueish silver paint is a Cosmic Shimmer paste.  I love it!  It was able to make a really cool texture to make the wave come alive.
 I painted all the seashells.
 Here I mixed lots of colors of Prills for sandy texture.  I added a pearl to the shell for fun.
 These 3D glue foam stickers are ready to adhere a photo.
On sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment