Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Follow Your Heart

 Funny thing about this page...when I first started making the base to this page, I honestly wasn't liking it and I was trying to scrap another photo with this paper which wasn't exactly working out, so I set it aside and worked on something totally different.  I am so glad I did because when I came back to work on this page, I ended up loving the end result!  I changed out the photo for this senior picture I took of Jasmine (taken in November 2017), which went perfect with these colors.  I was able to use a bunch of Recycled items on this page as well. 

So this is my example for the Recycle and Reuse Challenge over at Scrapbook.com.  This challenge is challenging you to use recycled materials or to reuse items that you can repurpose to create a layout or project in honor of Earth Day this month. Your layout/project must have at least 25% or more recycled & reused items/materials. (There will be a RAK for the winner at the end of the month.)

I used cardboard, coffee filters, screen door, a page from an old dictionary, a button from old jeans, a penny, a charm from a bookmark and another charm from a keychain.  I would say, at the very least, about 50% of my page qualifies for Recycled/Reused materials.
 This is my second attempt at making a flower and it was made out of an old screen door, which turned out pretty cool.  The penny has a heart punched out of it.
 This heart is from an old keychain.  The cardboard heart has hand stitch work around it.  I used a border punch to make the "lace" around the heart.  I cut it apart to be able to layer one on top of the other all the way around.
The black flower is made out of coffee filters. I just followed a you tube video to make it. The gem in the center is a button from old jeans.  (This was my first real attempt at making a flower.)  I think it turned out great.

If you are interested in a tutorial please let me know.

Thanks for sneaking a peak at this layout!

1 comment: